Sometimes I wonder how many people actually find this more annoying than useful.
1. Maple Worksheets for Calculus – In addition to the Applets which I previously posted about, there St. Louis University also has a series of Maple Worksheets for Calculus that could prove to be useful. That is, if Maple is your thing.
2. How Much Does It Cost to Go to the SuperBowl and The History of the SuperBowl are potentially two useful Infographics for about this time of year that could provide for some discussion on Sports Statistics, etc. Although, I mainly just thought they were incredibly interesting.
3. Using Wolfram Alpha in a Calculus Class and Google Guides Calculator Shortcuts are just two reminders of the fact that we need to continue to remind our students that these tools are available for their use. First of all, I think it is completely unfair as an educator to not tell students about these resources. Second of all, if some students know about the resources, but others don't, not all students are on a equal playing field. Learning is a supposed to be a fair process.
FREE remote assistance screen sharing and remote control APP.
ence, math, social studies, history, geography and other educational videos, lessons, quizzes and educational games that make learning fun and interesting.
Very cool, free educational and fun online math games. Games target math vocabulary, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division , fractions, and other math skills. There is a really loud noise every time you first load the page, so don't be alarmed. I really thought Factor Dog was really intense. Just wait until the dogs start coming really fast.
9. ProBoards and Wallwisher are both unique in their own ways. ProBoards is a tool to create free on-line discussion forums. I know, most Learning Management Systems already have some form of discussion board built in, but I can see this being useful because the look can be customized to be more appealing. Wallwisher is an on-line notice wall maker. This could be useful if you want to collaborate with students in a different way such that everyone's updates and messages could appear all in one place.
10. xtranormal – Essentially their slogan is, "If you can type, you can make movies". Actually, I've seen some of their videos floating around the web for about the last month or so without even realizing it. I've thought that the videos were really great every time, and wish that I could make them myself, and now I know how. I will definitely be experimenting with this in the weeks to come.
11. 7 Videos that will Ignite a Discussion – These videos will definitely ignite a discussion.
Videos – Some highlights of the videos I've 'liked' over the past week: